Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Vacation and upcoming reviews

Taking a break from the blog while on vacation in my home state of Minnesota.  I went to games of two of the team's that I have followed my entire life.  At least since I was old enough to understand sports.  Since this is the last season the Minnesota Vikings will play at the Metrodome (I refuse to call it by its corporate name), I wanted to see one last game there.  My lovely wife Deb and I saw the game this past Sunday and sure enough the Vikings broke my heart again.

Then on Monday we went to Target Field and not only enjoyed a thrilling come-from-behind extra inning win by the Twins, we took a tour of the stadium and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Target Field is certainly the best baseball stadium I have seen.  I also had another bout of laryngitis for the second straight day as I was yelling my lungs out for my teams.

These two days of sports, a wonderful birthday gift from my wife, confirmed my belief that sports are the best form of entertainment.  I will make my case for it in a future post when I am between reviews, but I wouldn't trade the experiences of the last two days (except maybe the results of the Vikings game) for any other entertainment.

When I get back...five or six books will have been read and reviewed.  On the way out,I finished a football book and a hockey book, and am halfway through a YA book on motorcycle racing.  So with plenty of reading time on the trip back....there are more reviews to come.  Thanks for reading, for commenting and for sharing the love of sports and reading about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment